Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 17 Tucson

What a wild ride this has been!  I took a picture of the map in the USA today. I marked out our ride so far. 4300 miles to date.  Today was a ride day. We stopped in Show Low AZ to watch the Buffalo Bills put on a bad performance and lose to the Bengals. Yuck. We left there and were promptly met my rain AGAIN.  Three days in a row. This was the worst rain we had. It was strong and steady for quite awhile.

The rain would come and then we would either drive out of it or it would let up.  then the sun would come out. You could see where the rain was all day.  I heard on the news that it is the remnants of Hurricane Hilary. We traveled all day in mountains. Our elevations was always over 5,000 feet.


These tallest cactus in the US are in Saguaro National Forest. There were thousands of them. They were mixed in with lots of Joshua Trees.  Speaking of Joshua trees, a few days ago, I blogged that the trees in one of my pictures were Joshua Trees.  Well, they weren't.  They were Junipers.

We have ended our night at Tombstone, AZ. In the morning, we will head into town for a gunfight at the OK corral. I don't know where it will be to after that, just that we will be heading into New Mexico, making our way back East.  Hugs, Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment