Friday, September 30, 2011

day 15 Grand Canyon

Greetings! Today we boarded the train and rode 65 miles north to the south rim of the Grand Canyon.  And what a Grand Canyon it is!  Such wonders I don't think I have ever seen before.  The train ride was very relaxing and we were entertained by Rose, the accordian/singer.

I do believe everthing in the south west is straight!

Please enjoy the following pictures of the Grand Canyon.  I encourage you to double click the pictures to enlarge them. The sun was in and out of clouds most of the day, it threatened rain which it eventually made good on.  I'm told that when the sun shines, the colors are amazing.









that's the Colorado River




Dave told me just step back a little more, just a little bit more, one more step backward, I'll have an awesome picture.





The ride back to Williams, rain clouds


A black and white on the way back.

A piece of rainbow

Of course!  We were robbed by train robbers! Well, that's it for now, not sure which way we will head tomorrow.  It drizzled the rest of the evening and is a bit chilly.  Come sun up, we'll decide. Love to all, Linda

2 comments:

  1. these are awesome!!! Dave reminds me of Jesse in this train robbery pic! Keep em coming, and have a safe rest of your trip, God bless!!
    - Andy, Erin, and the girlz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda...I have to tell you, you are awesome at this blog thing! My daughter looks forward to your posts every day! I started having her read them because they are quite educational for her and she loves them because of the beautiful pictures! Either way, it certainly shows all of us how beautiful our country is! So keep up the great work and have a very safe trip!

    ReplyDelete